B2C Writer at Grand Rounds
!Sorry, this job was removed at 8:52 a.m. (PST) on Friday, March 27, 2020
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
About the role:
This role requires strong writing chops and a strategic creative spirit. Grand Rounds is an entirely new category within the healthcare space so being strategic and creative about how we engage audiences (to something not well understood) with compelling copy is essential. A strategic thought leader who can simplify stories down to their essence, bring content to life, and help drive engagement and utilization of the Grand Rounds product with members. The ability to establish a sense of ownership in shaping and bringing the brand voice to life across every place it appears (even if the project requires a teeny tiny character count). A collaborative creative, who can form partnerships with cross functional leaders to help turn ideas into compelling content. The perfect candidate is seeking a fast-paced, exciting opportunity to learn a lot and contribute to the brand expression in a meaningful way.
- Writing and proofreading a variety of deliverables including emails, one-sheets, videos, infographics, direct mail, digital ads, social posts, website and other collateral.
- Lead testing efforts in developing consumer-oriented content that resonates with members and drives them to take the desired action.
- Content creation and strategy in support of marketing initiatives like “thought leadership” reports, podcast scripts and blog posts.
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners to determine copy needs across many different aspects of the organization, including the Growth Marketing, HR & People and Marketing teams.
- Manage copy edits from external partners.
- Proof all copy with meticulous accuracy for spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Support Creative Services team as needed, including projects beyond what is listed above.
- 2-4 years of copywriting required
- Impressive portfolio and experience with in-house B2C brand writing and content marketing.
- Superb command of the English language (familiar with AP style)
- Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to optimize content and message according to each audience / client
- Able to articulate the Grand Rounds story in a clear, concise and compelling manner
- Comfortable interpreting data—and simplifying it when necessary—to tell an effective story.
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter that can take projects from beginning to end with little guidance and reliably meet deadlines.
- A healthy sense of curiosity and willingness to learn new things.
- BA in English or Creative Writing (preferred).
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description