Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian University is seeking a content developer to build outstanding learning content in a variety of formats for our rapidly growing customer base. Examples of customer-facing learning solutions include instructor-led training for technical products, hands-on lab exercises, self-paced elearning (video, infographics, games, interactives), simulations, training webinars, a blended approach, or a new creative solution brainstormed by you.
More about you
This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about converting learning objectives into training materials that engage, encourage, and empower the learner. Has experience creating product training for customers, that helps people quickly learn how to use their new software solutions. Is skilled at producing easy-to-consume learning experiences using cutting-edge technology and sound instructional design principles. And has a keen understanding of effective and agile content development methods.
In this Role, You’ll Get to
- Define, design, develop, update, and maintain training courses for administrators and end-users of Jira, Jira Service Management, Jira Align, and other products
- Establish strong working relationships with subject matter experts and Partners to collaborate on content outlines, video production, and other work
- Create learning experiences in different formats, including instructor-led training (virtual and in-person), self-paced training, workshops, or webinars
- Design meaningful course interactions to increase retention or provide opportunities to apply new skills (including but not limited to knowledge checks, exercises, scripts, storyboards, simulations, or games)
- Create effective assessments to ensure learners have been adequately prepared to use Atlassian tools in their day-to-day roles
- Review and design content to support credentialing initiatives
- Use feedback and course evaluation data to improve training content and effectiveness
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years' experience designing and developing customer training curriculum
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, computer science, information science, or equivalent work experience in high-tech, SaaS experience preferred. Knowledge of Atlassian products a plus
- Experience creating engaging, effective, modern learning content that supports and enhances customer adoption of products
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design models
- Ability to concisely communicate abstract or technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to identify the best learning delivery formats for a specific set of learning goals
- Attention to design aesthetics and visual detail. Graphic or visual design experience a plus
- Skilled at using project plans and storyboards to scope and plan work
- Superb communication skills and interpersonal skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with common authoring tools, such as Camtasia, Articulate Rise 360, Adobe Cloud, Vyond, and Adobe Premiere Pro; and collaboration tools like Confluence, Jira, and Google Drive
More about our team
You will join our Atlassian University team at a really exciting time! Atlassian is growing rapidly year over year, and we want to scale intelligently while helping our customers unlock value from our products faster. This is an opportunity to play a major role in achieving that goal. We are a small but mighty team of top-tier professionals with diverse skills and work backgrounds. Our team is open, encouraging, focused, located around the globe, and is all about providing outstanding training solutions to our customers!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.