Content Promotion Specialist
Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company with world class management. We are disrupting the lending market to help people save money and get out of debt faster. Join us.
About the role:
Credible is looking for a highly motivated, creative, self-starter to join our Content & SEO team, as a Content Promotion Specialist.
In this role, you will develop and lead the strategy to expand the reach of our content through top tier media, local media, social media, and other targeted channels.
In addition to expanding the reach of our existing content, you will partner with our Content team to develop and promote original content backed by rich data and original research. These unique stories will help simplify complex financial topics and industry trends to help empower our consumers so they can make financial decisions with confidence.
The role is full-time and based in our SF office (but we will consider remote for the right person). Compensation is based on experience.
You’re a great fit for this role if you’re:
- Passionate about content marketing and personal finance
- An inspirational storyteller who can excite people with your ability to bring complex financial topics to life
- Always taking initiative and being able to work independently
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and work in a dynamic start-up environment where you’ll have the opportunity for autonomy and making a significant impact
As a Content Promotion Specialist you will:
- Develop a robust content promotion strategy to drive media relations and secure coverage for Credible’s products (Student Loans, Personal Loans, Mortgages, Credit Cards)
- Develop and maintain relationships with key consumer media outlets such as WSJ, Bloomberg, Business Insider, FOX News/Business, MarketWatch, Yahoo Finance, NYTs, CNBC, Time, USA Today, Kiplingers, etc
- Consistently test and learn what strategies and tactics drive the best results. Develop clear testing plans, organize campaigns, and then analyze results to inform next steps
- Partner with our SEO team to develop content promotion campaigns for new and existing content
- Identify industry, economic, competitor, and cultural trends to prime relevant story opportunities and demonstrate Credible’s thought leadership
- Create press materials including media pitches, press releases, talking points and FAQs, in addition to developing briefing materials to prepare executives for media briefings and speaking events
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Credible customers to profile in relevant media opportunities
- At least 3 years in content marketing, PR/communications or related fields. Direct social media experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail. Understand the unique challenges of communications in the finance industry
- Expert ability to analyze data and make clear data-informed recommendations
- Positive and collaborative. Ability to build internal relationships and work cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Proficient in social media analytics and measurement
- Combination of in-house and agency experience a plus
- Understanding of basic SEO principles a plus
Why work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.