Content Strategist at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase's Customer Experience (CX) organization plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to create an effortless experience. Our subteam, CX Content supports all content strategy and creation efforts across the company to ensure that customers in every region are given the best customer experience. The Content team is responsible for driving self-service experiences to help customers help themselves. We are looking for a talented, solutions-focused Content Strategist, with familiarity with the cryptoeconomy, to join our remote team leading content-specific projects and content creation.
Coinbase is the leader of an entirely new industry which requires thoughtful, consistent, and intentional content to both maintain the trust we’ve earned over the course of our years in business and ensure those people new to crypto can develop a proven awareness of the space. The ideal candidate will have the right combination of technical writing experience, able to deploy judgment and creative decision making to ensure we’re always working backward from an optimal customer experience. Translating complex concepts to easy-to-understand content is the name of the game.
This role sits within the Support Content Systems and Design and will work closely with many cross-functional teams for the information they need to make phenomenal writing happen.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Partner with stakeholders to translate complex ideas, concepts, and developments into customer-friendly content that deflects customer support inquiries, builds trust in the Coinbase brand, and encourages further engagement.
- Continuously improve on our content across support products in service of Customer Experience goals.
- Collaborate with designers and product teams to produce collateral that shapes our brand and helps future customers get started in crypto.
- Optimize your content on a regular basis working backwards from data.
- Regularly review performance metrics to better understand what works and what doesn’t.
- Create content for a variety of product lines for different Coinbase user segments and know when your technical expertise needs to be put into lay terms and when it needs to remain technical in nature.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 4+ years experience writing on the internet—with a background in technical writing for customers, specifically.
- Deep understanding of the cryptocurrency industry and ability to distill complex crypto topics into easy-to-understand terms.
- A portfolio of relevant work.
- Ability to deftly handle feedback and edits from partners across the company: peers, subject matter expertise, and the Legal team.
- Experience working with designers to tell (and show) the best story possible.
- Enthusiasm for financial innovation and Coinbase’s mission.
Nice to haves
- A passion for editing. Grammar checks and second opinions should always be welcome.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience using JIRA
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.