Content Strategy Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a creative, analytical B2B Content Strategy Manager to help us reach, engage, and convert merchants--from SMBs to Enterprise-- with compelling, performance marketing content that positions Affirm as the leader in the BNPL (buy now, pay later) space.
In this role, you will lead content strategy and distribution for inbound marketing, from top-of-funnel educational content and thought leadership to bottom-of-funnel Affirm “how to” guides. If you are as excited to dig into performance trends as you are to brainstorm fresh topics and content formats, this is an exciting opportunity to develop and execute a B2B content strategy that supports our ambitious merchant growth goals.
You will report to the Head of Business Growth Marketing. The team leverages owned, paid, and platform marketing channels to acquire and onboard merchants, and help them grow their business with Affirm.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute a content strategy that positions Affirm as an ecommerce/BNPL thought leader and drives measurable results (traffic, leads, conversions)
- Deeply understand our market, audience, competitors, and Affirm’s unique positioning
- Create and manage quarterly content calendar and distribution strategy across multiple channels and formats
- Set and track content performance goals that drive business impact
- Produce inbound marketing content, including partner, SEO, and demand gen (e.g., blogs, ebooks, whitepapers, “how to” guides, videos, etc.)
- Ensure all marketing content pieces are developed on schedule
- Partner closely with demand gen, organic, partner marketing, lifecycle, and brand teams as well as external agencies
What we look for
- 7+ years B2B content marketing experience
- Experience setting and executing on content strategy
- Expertise across different marketing channels and content formats
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Laser focus on performance and conversion with strong quantitative skills
- Collaborative team player who is creative, scrappy, and proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management capabilities
- Deep understanding of B2B audience (SMB to Enterprise) and tech buying journey; e-commerce experience a plus
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.