The Cisco Meraki Creative Studio team is seeking a passionate and insightful copywriter to join our team! The Creative Studio is a multi-disciplinary team of creatives working across marketing projects at Meraki– building our brand voice through collateral, promotional materials, video, web, events, advertising, digital campaigns, and product launches.
A copywriter should help bring our story to life through expertly-crafted copy across all our channels and customer touchpoints. We are looking for a storytelling, problem-solving, meticulous, curious, and collaborative team member who can think strategically about their work and produce creative that helps our Marketing team achieve our goals. Our technology strives to simplify a notoriously complicated industry, and we strive to reflect that same principle in every word we write without talking down to our audience.
Copywriters at Meraki should demonstrate a passion for phenomenal copywriting and the desire to define and document their approach in collaboration with other members of the Marketing team. We want to build and scale our approach to writing to help us achieve a consistent brand voice globally. This copywriter should have excellent interpersonal skills and be able explain the rationale behind their work.Responsibilities include
- Communicate clearly about a traditionally jargon-heavy complex set of technologies in a concise customer-focused manner.
- Work with designers, marketing managers, PR, comms, product, and sales to articulate the value of Meraki to multiple audiences (customers, partners, internal teams, and others) through the written word.
- Structure and write both short form and long form content for product, release, and launch materials - advertising, video scripts, websites & landing pages, e-books, infographics, presentations, email subject lines, and more!
- Consult on naming strategies (promotions, program IDs, marketing programs, product features, etc.)
- Help establish, enable, and maintain a consistent voice for Meraki in the form of style guides, consistent nomenclature, playbooks, brand guidelines, and more.
- Be fiercely focused on understanding our customers and speak to them the way they would like to be spoken to.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising/Marketing, Creative Writing, or a related field.
- 3-5 years experience writing at a tech company, marketing agency, or related experience.
- Experience copywriting with a focus on branding and product launches.
- Portfolio that showcases excellence in copywriting & creative thinking, as well as a clean and polished style and an ability to distill complex concepts and technologies into compelling copy without “dumbing it down”.
- A sharply honed eye for detail with just as much passion for the editing process as the writing process. Able to spot an out of place comma at 500 yards.
- Skilled at explaining your work, process, and decisions and are hungry for feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and to adjust to shifts in timelines, deadlines, budgets, and project goals
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work well both independently and in a cross-functional fast-paced team environment
- A link to your world-class portfolio and/or book of writing samples
- A bit about why Meraki interests you
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.