ABOUT THE TEAM
Join a small-yet-mighty internal creative team that touches just about everything within the walls of DoorDash. We sit within audience marketing, where we oversee the work of consumer, partner, and Dasher marketing. We help strategize, ideate, design and write, produce, and execute the majority of consumer-facing work. We collaborate closely with our partnership marketing colleagues to think up crazy and wonderful ideas for brands like McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Popeyes, and many more. We help usher along thoughtful, strategic work applied to Dasher acquisition and retention. We get to think big while keeping an eye on the bottom line.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a strong creative, conceptual writer who can think big while also operating at the smallest level of detail. Big ideas supported by stellar copy chops. We pretty much do it all ourselves, so there is no passing of the buck here. From big partnership opportunities with national partners and hometown heroes, to events like SXSW, Taste of Chicago, and Coachella, to top-of-funnel brand love ideas that include us into the cultural conversation to the tiniest bottom-of-funnel activations that encourage order frequency, no two opportunities are the same. And we’ll need someone who has familiarity with it all.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
Help play a major role in shaping and defining the DoorDash brand. In this role you will find there are not a lot of people to hide behind, like most agency gigs. There are only a few of us, working together, to make a lot of magic happen. We find ourselves stretching beyond our “title” with nearly every project. We strategize, project manage, produce, and execute most things ourselves. You will find it easy to obsess over our consumer audience, the needs and wants of our merchant partners, and the lives of our Dashers. Your work will contribute to the success of those three pillars, and more. You will have a direct impact on our company’s bottom line.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE...
You have both (creative) agency and in-house experience. You find opportunity in everything, especially the briefs or areas people tend to often overlook. You work well with others. You err on the side of overcommunication. You bring energy and passion not only to the work, but to any room you enter. You present well and know how to hold the room. You obsess over the details but can deliver quickly. You know how to prioritize a chaotic schedule and heavy workload. You know how to mentor other creatives and foster great ideas. You champion great ideas, even if they are not your own. You possess all the confidence without the ego. And you sometimes have to pinch yourself that this is a job we actually get paid to do.Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- You have a stellar book, one that induces jealousy and envy because we didn’t think of that
- You have a combined 5 - 8 years of experience in both agency and client-side roles
- Your work proves you can think big and optimize based on channel
- You can distill dense information/data into singular, important ideas that are easily executable
- You work in several different mediums/channels (and your book proves that)
- You can thrive in the chaos, creating process where there is none
- A track record of leadership, strategic thinking, creativity, and content strategy
- You thrive in a small team environment and play well with others
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.