Creative Producer at Skillz
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for proven producers to join our in-house creative agency. You will manage and oversee the creation and production of performance and branded advertising content. You will manage all aspects of production, from pre-production through the delivery of assets. Your goal will be to maintain a high bar for quality while delivering assets on time and on budget.
What You Will Do:
- Produce a wide variety of digital content, including, but not limited to, commercials, testimonials, and short and long-form documentaries
- Establish and maintain production schedules
- Create and maintain budgets of varying size
- Coordinate contracts, negotiations, and relationships with vendors and freelance talent
- Collaborate with copywriters, art directors, strategists, and other stakeholders
- Monitor post-production processes in order to ensure accurate completion of all details
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, and be able to quickly transition from one project to another
- 5+ years of producer experience in an agency, production house, or in-house
- Has a deep network of creative talent
- Unbelievable organizational and time management skills
- Has a scrappy approach while delivering professional results
- Well-versed in Adobe Creative Cloud
- A sample of the candidate's work is required
- Experience in advertising is a plus