Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 3500+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.WHAT WE DO
Postmates is seeking a Content Lead for our Brand Studio who has a passion for new and creative ideas, clear and compelling marketing narratives, and can lead a team that is creating engaging copy across digital, social, video, and internal/external brand communications. The successful candidate will work directly with the Head of Creative, a team of copywriters, and manage internal relationships across departments to produce high-quality, original work.
You are someone who writes like a creative copywriter and thinks like a strategist. You have excellent attention to detail. You are a hands-on, innovative leader who can influence others across teams with strong leadership and a clear vision. You have a talent for turning abstract concepts into captivating phrases and can spin creative briefs into actionable and innovative outputs.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a team of copywriters to develop unique, shareable, and stand-out content around Postmates' campaigns, partnerships, content and social media presence
- Produce creative storytelling around cultural moments
- Lead your team in a way that defines direction, unique style, and creates structure through a clear creative production methodology
- Evolve and develop our voice and tone for consumer, fleet, and merchant-facing audiences
- Motivate and inspire others to do their best work
- Write and proofread copy, briefs, strategy documents, and presentations
- Provide copy direction to creatives inside and outside the company
- 10+ years of experience in creative copywriting and advertising/marketing writing with recognizable consumer brands
- Have a proven track record in leading original work, managing the entire lifecycle of projects both internally and externally
- Have a world-class portfolio, representing a wide range of highly relevant, consumer-facing work
- Collaborative, flexible, and effective in a cross-functional workplace with diverse teams and shifting priorities
- Experience managing teams and guiding others in producing high-quality, impactful work
- Can see the big picture with a rigorous eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage teamwork across functions
- Limitless patience, unassailable focus, and a sense of humor
- Masterful written and verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial drive in getting things done from project initiation to delivery
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with:
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan.
- 100% coverage for employees medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 95% coverage for dependents medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Flexible time off policy under which Postmates will not limit paid time off for vacations or to handle personal affairs. (Salaried US Employees)
- 16 days paid time off and 7 days paid sick leave (Hourly US Employees; amount of paid sick leave depends on state).
- 3 days paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter, and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.