Director, Content at Unity (Remote)
As the Director, Content—one of the senior leaders of the content business unit here at Unity, directly reporting to the GM of Content—you will help define our strategy critical to winning in vertical and gaming markets, for simulation, and for driving adoption of product bundles. You will lead a team that will position us to build and deliver high quality, relevant, standards-based and valuable smart (3D objects, scans, materials, textures, tools etc) content that will generate direct revenue streams as well as grow the value of other Unity products when bundled together. If successful, you will not only improve the experience of our current users but also create a new community that will use our products for our content library because we can accelerate, economise, and simplify the way virtual worlds and simulations are created.What you’ll be doing
- Leading a team of Product Managers, Scanning Technicians, Artists, Product Managers, and Research Leads, as well as being responsible for the relationship with outsource delivery partners
- Responsible for leading the teams that design the smart content creation workflow, build the content (scanners, artists, developers), and carry out the post-scan clean-up process
- Heavily influence the decision-making process for what content we will build, how we will create it (scan based, photogrammetry, photometric, procedural), as well as the workflow and tooling
- Map out future content user stories and workflows and develop a value proposition that is both differentiated and places Unity in a market leadership position
- Collaborate with leaders in other parts of Unity—such as Reflect, Forma, Simulation, Unity Core, Productions, Technical Marketing, etc.—who will become our largest consumers of content
- Experience in this space from having worked in a leadership position and having made these types of content-related decisions in other leading organisations
- Proven experience driving and defining content strategy: what content should be crafted as well as what workflows should be utilised that will best enable the production of very high quality, standardised content as efficiently as possible
- Experience in running a blend of internal and outsourced production resources
- Consistent record of influencing others through driving for alignment towards the best solution
- Lead through compassion and respect!
- Proven experience in gaming, other vertical markets, simulation (or RT3D!)
- Previous experience in design or as an artist or technical artist
- Validated experience building and scaling a high-functioning team in a high-growth environment
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.