Editorial Lead at DoorDash
ABOUT THE TEAM
Join a small-yet-mighty internal creative team that touches just about everything within the walls of DoorDash. We sit within audience marketing, where we oversee the work of consumer, partner, and Dasher marketing. We help strategize, ideate, design and write, produce, and execute the majority of consumer-facing work. We collaborate closely with our partnership marketing colleagues to think up crazy and wonderful ideas for brands like McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Popeyes, and many more. We help usher along thoughtful, strategic work applied to Dasher acquisition and retention. We get to think big while keeping an eye on the bottom line.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Editorial Lead, you’ll oversee voice and storytelling at DoorDash. You’ll lead a team of full-time and contract writers to create impactful content for all three DoorDash consumers: customers, Dashers, and restaurant partners (including both national brands and local restaurateurs). You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams to elevate the brand guidelines, vision, and voice to create best-in-class creative every day.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU ARE...
A team player, camaraderie builder, and hustler who leads by example. A talented writer and editor yourself, you have a strong editorial point of view, and an intuitive knack for grammar. You understand when copy should be a little more irreverent and when it needs a human touch. You can visualize the big picture and sweat the details—and know when to prioritize one over the other.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will looking something like this:
- Oversee all copy across the site, brand, advertising, and paid channels
- Translate technical business challenges into relatable human narratives
- Work with creative directors and marketing partners to tell the most impactful product and brand stories
- Elevate and be an ambassador for the DoorDash voice
- Grow and scale the copy team to support business needs
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU..
- Possess at least 10+ years of professional writing experience at an agency or in-house
- A strong portfolio highlighting a wide range of work that you’re proud of
- A track record of leadership, strategic thinking, creativity, content strategy, and editorial prowess
- Journalistic rigor and a passion for getting sh*t done
- A background in content marketing, editorial, tech, or B2B. Journalism background a bonus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.