Editorial Programming Associate Manager, International (Contract) at Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences! We’re an international business passionate about crafting both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is encouraged to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.About the Team
We are seeking an International Editorial Programming Associate Manager to drive engagement and retention with Crunchyroll’s content offering for our international audiences via our on-site and editorial programming channels. This role requires driving on-site and in-app engagement in the promotion of anime series, as well as, specific Crunchyroll initiatives, including but not limited to events and partner sponsorships.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is excited to develop, test and analyze various tactics to drive viewership on the Crunchyroll platform and readership within Crunchyroll’s International news efforts. This role will be representing the Crunchyroll brand through international editorial initiatives and will be responsible for maintaining quality and focus. The Associate Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Global Social Media and work towards defined team goals on clear timelines.
Candidates will need to show the ability to collaborate and work across teams, as this position will harmonize with the design, content, product, brand management, and international teams. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, creative, and excited to engage with our international audiences.Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional specialists assemble to build experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.About You:
- 2- 5 years of proven experience in digital marketing, editorial, content programming, or digital publishing environment (having a strong understanding of homepage/editorial promotion, standard methodologies, and viral content).
- Proven experience working on successful, creative and innovative marketing campaigns.
- Respect for anime and its lifestyle and culture, familiarity with fandom communities.
- Able to execute analyses that deliver clear, measurable insights including providing an oral and written discussion of analytical findings using narrative and graphic forms
- Experience managing multiple priorities and working across teams.
- A collaborative attitude and sense of curiosity.
- Clear and detailed interpersonal skills, excellent grammar.
- Understanding of web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics, Amplitude)
- Content, entertainment and/or media experience preferred.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Data Studio, Tableau, etc.) highly preferred.
A day in the life of our Editorial Programming Associate Manager, International:
- Execute and optimize programming strategy across International Crunchyroll home pages, Crunchyroll News, under the mentorship of the Global Audience Development Strategist and Senior Manager of Global Social Media
- Collaborate with the U.S. and international teams on homepage programming tactics for major marketing, editorial campaigns, and seasonal launches
- Report and analyze results of homepage programming and major editorial campaigns in coordination with the International Audience Development team, as well as other teams and departments.
- Manage localization process for home page and other on-site programming placements in non-English speaking regions
- Regularly A/B test and optimize promotional assets for international front pages of crunchyroll.com
- Build editorial campaigns in coordination with the Sr Manager for Global Social Media and other major partners, which may include homepage programming and social media promotion plans
- Collaborate with the Creative Services team on the development of engaging marketing assets
- Write or edit engaging copy for company promotions and major announcements as needed
- Drive constant iteration/improvement of our on-channel content presentation, packaging, and editorial content discovery
- Contribute to team goals around growth, engagement, and awareness, as well as individual goals around readership and viewership.
- Positively and accurately represent disparate franchises, company initiatives, and partnerships
- Ensure a clear editorial POV that reflects a profound understanding of our audience, providing consistently outstanding packaging and positioning to build the best possible experience across all platforms
- Competitive salary
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Skilled, hardworking, and fun co-workers
- Pet friendly environment - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.