At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Buyouts Writer joins our team covering the $750 billion private equity market, with an emphasis on buyouts in the tech sector. This writer keeps abreast of industry-shaping trends and major news developments. This team member focuses on news and in-depth analysis about the people, deals and other forces shaping the PE-tech investor landscape. In addition, this person will contribute to the News Team by writing parts of our newsletters, creating multimedia content and helping to devise other news products.
*Cover Letters are strongly preferred & recommended as a part of the application process within the News team.
*San Francisco is the preferred office location for this role, however the team is open to the position sitting in the New York City office alternatively.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor daily news developments across the PE industry
- Write breaking news stories as well as in-depth feature articles as assigned by the editors
- Write data-driven stories and analytical trend-focused pieces using PitchBook's best-in-class datasets
- Collaborate with PitchBook researchers, producers and designers on producing unique, insightful articles, multimedia reports and data-visualization opportunities
- Build and cultivate a network of industry sources
- Cover major conferences or other relevant events in person when possible
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least two years of financial writing experience
- Ability to report and write clear and compelling news articles and other content
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and file news reports under deadline pressure
- Knowledge of the financial markets and the economy
- Competence in data journalism and an ability to think about stories visually
- Experience writing about technology and finance is highly desirable
- Passion for technology, business and the markets
- Enthusiasm for conducting incisive interviews and developing trusted sources
- Excellent communication skills in a fast-moving team setting
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.