At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Startups Writer joins our team covering startups and the venture capital industry, with an emphasis on emerging companies aiming to become the next Airbnb or Zoom. This ambitious writer keeps abreast of major news developments in technology and venture capital, making sure we have all the biggest news covered in a daily newsletter that reaches nearly 1 million professionals in and around the private markets. In addition, this person will contribute to the news team by writing breaking news articles, creating multimedia content and helping to devise other news products.
PitchBook's News team consists of writers and editors to produce compelling articles that cover breaking news developments, provide original insights on relevant markets, profile fascinating people and companies, and leverage our best-in-class datasets to engage our audience.
*Cover Letters are strongly preferred & recommended as a part of the application process within the News team.
*San Francisco is the preferred office location for this role, however the team is open to the position sitting in the Seattle office alternatively.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor daily news developments across the VC industry.
- Write a series of shorter news stories for our suite of daily newsletters.
- Write longer articles on breaking news, industry trends and data-driven topics, as assigned by the editors.
- Keep track of industry trends and participate in small-group content brainstorming sessions.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of news reporting, preferably in business or tech journalism.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing about technology and finance is highly desirable.
- Ability to write clear, concise and error-free news stories and other content on a daily deadline.
- Passion for technology, business and the financial markets.
- Excellent communication skills in a fast-moving team setting.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel, with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.