Head of Content, Product Operations at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
As the Head of Content, Product Operations, you will play a key role in delivering a world-class experience to our six-million-and-growing member base. This is a managerial role with high impact and visibility. This is a ground up opportunity, building out a team from scratch.
Reporting directly to the Director of Product Operations, you and your team will be accountable for driving and delivering effective member-facing content that allows for self-service and resolution, while continually improving the experience for our members to endure when needing help. You will own the content creation and ongoing change for communication modalities such as our externally facing help center and the content we surface in our interactive voice response (IVR) and bot, among others. You will find opportunities to deploy rich member friendly and concise actionable driven content, instrumentation and metrics, and better tools, to ultimately deliver an exceptional member experience at tremendous scale.
As detailed below, the mandate of your role will be broad and focused on continually improving the member experience. The success of your role will ultimately be defined by member satisfaction across our self-service channel, as measured by KPIs like contact rate and self-service resolution.
- Build and manage a team from the ground up of content strategists
- Create an actionable vision for the Content Operations team
- Redesign and manage Chime’s member facing content tools such as help center and IVR and bot content surfaces
- Develop content standards that are consistent across all member support channels, in the voice of Chime that resonates with our members and effectively resolves their inquiries
- Create instrumentation and corresponding metrics to measure the effectiveness of content across all channels
- Establish, drive and continuously improve processes that ensure our members are informed of and well-prepared for product-driven changes through the content surfaces (help center, IVR, bot)
- Advise product teams on feasibility of content initiatives throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Surface key insights and make their impact obvious across the organization to support continuous improvement through the channels you will ultimately own
- Identify opportunities for the content team to lead projects and initiatives throughout Chime
- Develop relationships with and maintain regular communications with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years experience in content strategy, operations; 3 + years of experience managing content strategists at a technology company
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as Zendesk and associated help center systems
- Highly organized and metrics-oriented
- Ability to motivate a team, drive consensus, and collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners in a fast-paced environment
- Make data-driven decisions to improve Chime’s support experiences and trouble-shoot problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to dive into the details whenever needed, and to even work at first as an IC (individual contributor) while scaling the team
- Power user status in Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint or Google Sheets/Slides
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, prioritize, and handle multiple work streams simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Experience working at a consumer technology company highly desirable
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches (when back in office!).
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.