At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is seeking an editor to contribute to developing compelling content that helps to inform and drive healthcare decision-making for consumers. We need a pharmacist who is comfortable researching, writing and editing about content on a range of subjects for a lay audience.
We are looking for someone with excellent written and oral communication skills who can draw on their experience to write and edit for a consumer audience. You will need to be able to combine your real-life practical experience with in-depth reviews of the current scientific evidence to help to weave engaging, readable, and digestible pieces of educational editorial content.
You must be appropriately licensed and not previously or currently involved in any regulatory board, agency inquiry, or professional liability policy claim.
About the Role:
GoodRx is seeking a Pharmacy Editor to contribute to our efforts in developing accurate, up-to-date, and clear content. The Pharmacy Editor will help ensure clinical accuracy across the GoodRx site and blog, and will contribute to our editorial strategy, creating best-in-class content regarding prescription medications and relevant healthcare topics.
You will write and edit original content including articles about drug comparisons and interactions, as well as manage the revision, optimization, and updating of existing pieces. This is a tremendous opportunity for a pharmacist seeking a new path, or a non-practicing pharmacist with journalism experience.
- Recruit and manage a team of freelance pharmacist writers
- Edit and review drug comparison and interactions articles to ensure clinical accuracy, readability, and relevance
- Write or edit about 3 to 5 articles per week, contributing content that’s useful and germane to patients
- Ensure regular updates and reviews of existing content, to maintain accuracy
- Monitor updates from FDA and manufacturers for material changes to drug inventory
- Familiarity with social media, SEO and other promotions strategies is a major plus
Skills & Qualifications:
- PharmD or BS in Pharmacy
- Active pharmacist license in any U.S. state that is in good standing
- 3+ years of experience as an editor, preferably in digital patient education or for a consumer health website
- Tremendous organization skills
- Eye for detail and ability to work independently
- Ability to read and interpret research studies and drug label information
- Ability to collaborate with content and research teams to identify content opportunities
- Experience working in a fast-paced department with hard deadlines
- A passion for making an impact in real people’s lives with meaningful content and information
Along with your CV/resume, please include clips of your prior patient-oriented health writing. In lieu of clips, you can also submit a sample of your writing (200-400 words) on a clinical topic aimed at a lay audience. Suggested topic: "What is aspirin and how does it work?" Be sure to write at a 6th-grade reading level.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.