Product Content Strategist, Conversation Design
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing challenger banking company in the U.S., with over 5M accounts and no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $400M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, and others. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About This Role
Our chatbot is the first touchpoint our members have when reaching out to Chime for support. These critical interactions should be easy, helpful, and enjoyable for our members. Your role will be to take ownership of the chatbot - from conversational design through to copy. You will develop and iterate on hundreds of conversation types to ensure effortless and delightful interactions.
In this role, you will gain a deep understanding of our product and customer, analyze interactions that members have with the chatbot, and identify and implement ways to improve the responses and surrounding experience to ensure that each conversation is as effective and satisfying as possible.
- Take ownership of the UX and copy of our chatbot - shaping our members’ experience, building trust, and growing our brand voice
- Review the current state of our chatbot copy and conversational patterns
- Architect clear, natural conversation flows with compelling, understandable copy to Improve the simplicity, helpfulness, and ease of use of our chatbot.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, and researchers to design and implement chatbot improvements
- 5+ years content strategy, UX design, creative writing, and/or conversational design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in writing, design, HCI, linguistics, psychology or human factors
- Strong content strategy, content development, copywriting, or information architecture experience; preferably with a focus on chatbot experiences.
- Excellent copywriting skills - be able to write concise and digestible copy
- Understanding of NLP/NLU systems such as IBM Watson Conversation, Google DialogFlow, etc
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Strong analytical skills - experience with Looker is a plus
- Organized and accountable with high attention to detail and follow through
- Able to handle confidential information professionally
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- A portfolio of work you've done (writing samples, interface content, microcopy, or even style guides)
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.