Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
About the Team and Role
Crunchyroll Games is a new division of Crunchyroll focused on bringing the best of anime and anime-look games to Crunchyroll’s global audience. We work with a variety of global and domestic partners to help publish games to over 100+ countries, and bring more fans into the anime games ecosystem. Our team is composed of anime enthusiasts, gaming experts, and mash-up of keenly intelligent and hyper driven individuals. We are highly collaborative, and work closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure success in a competitive and fast-growing market.
We are looking for a Publishing Manager for the games division, whereby this role will help manage the go-to-market and post-launch strategy for our published games. This entails coordinating across multiple cross-functional areas including lifecycle marketing, performance media, social media, public relations, live events, and product marketing. This role would be the central glue between all publishing-related threads, and be the central driver for planning out pre-launch, soft launch, and post-launch priorities. You will also be the crossroad for localization, creative services, content development, and community. This role has very high visibility and will report directly to the head of the games organization.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
You are a fantastic jack of many trades, able to bring together many different stakeholders and unify thinking and strategy. You are extremely organized and a process management guru. You hold steadfast to your vision when necessary, but can also adapt to a changing environment. You can operate in a fast paced, free flowing team.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably related to our content)
- Experience as a brand manager or publishing associate for 3+ years Experience as in the ACG (anime comic game) space required
- Keen understanding of promotional campaigns and brand alignment
- Keen understanding of IP building, user reception, and adoption
- Track record of managing lean, multi-threaded projects
- Strategic thinker, but also capable day-to-day operator
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal and external partners, and building consensus across a range of goals and objectives
- Strong written and oral communication
- Comfortable presenting proposals, plans, and strategies to a wide range of stakeholders across multiple disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior and executive level counterparts at other companies
- Flexible and quick-thinking, you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- A very fast learner and able to pick up new context quickly
Typical Week in this Role
- Coordinate all teams as needed for major promotional campaigns
- Run a number of weekly meetings with specific discipline teams including marketing, localization, events, and game operations
- Interface between shared services teams around art, creative, localization, marketing, and audience development during the life cycle of Crunchyroll Games
- Work with Crunchyroll internal teams and broader anime marketing groups to facilitate user acquisition and revitalization
- Prepare marketing and promotional reports, KPI updates, etc to partners
- Collaborate with Japanese publishers and developers for in-game events
- Manage the publishing roadmap with Games leadership
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.