Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We’re seeking a word-obsessed Senior Copywriter to join the growing Design team at Chime. You’ll work closely with our design, brand, and marketing teams to establish and evangelize a consistent brand voice. You’ll collaborate across functions, including marketing design, product design, user research, content strategy, social & lifecycle marketing, compliance, and more. Your focus will be creating language that humanizes finance and excites potential new members.
As a Senior Copywriter, you will build upon our existing brand to help the design team (and the company) operate more cohesively, consistently, and with greater velocity. You will help set the gold standard for brand and content execution and you’ll establish a vision for the future of Chime’s brand and voice marketing strategy.
- Act as a champion for high caliber content experiences throughout Chime
- Create and evolve Chime’s tone and voice guidelines to empower teams across the company
- Craft short, concise ad copy that both inspires and explains, cautiously balancing and highlighting different nuances of the brand voice per channel audience
- Utilize research, data, and testing to validate assumptions and optimize copy for performance and growth
- Navigate the complexities of a highly regulated industry and compliance initiatives with creative solutions, clever iterations, and inspired problem-solving skills
- Document copy decisions for cross-functional usage, managing stakeholders, and building alignment
- Work closely and collaboratively with design to concept and create compelling, holistic, “big-idea” driven campaigns
- Present to, collaborate with, and influence marketing, growth, research, and product teams
- Wear multiple hats, helping to work on any project as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, writing, English, and/or advertising (or applicable experience)
- 5+ years of proven history writing copy for brands, such as advertising, content marketing, product marketing, conversational design, etc.
- Expertise with audience engagement and research
- Strong command of social media platforms and the limitations of/opportunities for each (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Attitude of mentorship and a knack for inspiring others to be their best every day
- Ability to see many different ways to tackle a problem and weigh the pros/cons of each
- Ability to balance business objectives with user needs and team needs. You represent all sides of the business and know how to create the best outcomes for each.
- A generally positive outlook and attitude. We’re going to spend a lot of time together. Let’s make it fun.
- A relentless desire to make banking really, really, really (we mean it!) work for our user’s benefit
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.