Senior Manager Content Design at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're looking for a content design leader who can elevate and advocate for the role of Content Design/UX writing at Affirm. You're passionate about leading a team of content designers responsible for creation and delivery of content, using principles, frameworks, product flows, and in-product messaging across mobile and web product experiences. Your team will tap into your expertise in the craft of words paired with data from our consumers and merchants to collaborate on product strategy and deliver on experience design for our suite of products.
You know the power of great information hierarchy, clear terminology, and navigation— and can speak to how carefully crafted UX flows can transform the customer journey from confusing to intuitive. Informing and evolving that journey with insights from research and data is second nature to you.
This role will report to the VP of Design and Research.What you’ll do:
- Drive the vision for content design/ux writing function at Affirm
- Provide cross functional guidance from planning, leveraging user insights, creating high quality impactful work down, to execution across several product teams
- Champion a healthy team culture by leading from complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus.
- Identify and gain support for content design initiatives that enable the team to maximize their impact working closely with cross functional teams.
- Recruit and hire highly talented people for their team for short and long term growth of the function
- Establish operational rigor for content to ensure we maintaining consistency for a high quality of writing throughout the experience
- Still enjoy honing the craft by rolling up your sleeves when needed to support your team or the organization.
- 2+ years experience managing, coaching and developing talent
- 8+ years combined experience in content-focused roles
- Consumer product experience is required
- A demonstrated portfolio of you/your team working cross-functionally, thinking strategically to tactically shipping successful end to end experiences in a fast-paced environment is a must-have.
- A demonstrated ability to lead initiatives end-to-end
- A passion to drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Fluent in design tools like Figma (what we use), Sketch, InVision, or similar.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.