ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Sr. Content Manager, you will be responsible for finding and acquiring the quality instructors and partners for the Japanese market that are relevant for both Japanese individual users and our corporate users. Your role will require to develop strategies to take the Japanese market into the next level by learning from what we’ve done in the past 5 years, and executing the plan to accelerate the instructor acquisitions and the content generation process while keeping the course qualities the Japanese audience requires through working with our team and our partner Benesse.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who flourishes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You’ll need to be determined, focused, and a scrappy executor.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Establish and manage the strategy/execution of our Japanese Supply efforts (including but not limited to instructor marketing, acquisitions, and partnership) in conjunction with our partner, Benesse to scale and grow the business in Japan.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Japanese market, culture and competitive landscape, adapt it for its needs and educate teams about related local trends.
- Establish and maintain a regular reporting cadence of key metrics for Japan
- Work closely with our partner Benesse to ensure optimal impacts to generate the quality courses in Japanese that are consumed by both corporate and individual users; think strategically like a GM versus simply a manager. Facilitate growth and development of team members within the Japan team (Benesse/Udemy) through coaching and mentorship.
- Lead and optimize current instructor lead generations in partnership with the marketing team.
- Foster a positive team culture that rewards top performers, promotes growth and attracts new talent
We're excited about you because you have:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in content acquisition, sales, or business development
- Ability to establish and build relationships with technical professionals
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with strong interpersonal skills
- A strong track record of exceeding goals and high achievement
- Amazing client management, business communication, and relationship building skills
- Strong communication and messaging skills with internal stakeholders and with instructors and partners
- Experience managing complex projects, meeting deadlines and handling several projects at a time with a high attention to detail
- Fearlessly suggest new ideas to try new approaches and open new opportunities
- Must be fluent in Japanese and English to communicate within the team.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description