Senior Manager of Production
Udemy is hiring a Senior Manager of Production for the global creative team. This person will be a highly motivated, creative problem solver who believes that Udemy should be a vital part of the future of learning.
They will be highly experienced in leading a creative team’s production backbone. This role will partner with the Senior Creative Director, Design Leads, and Operations Lead to make sure there is a seamless production workflow and to continue to drive growth and scale. As a member of the global creative team, you will be responsible for being a steward of the brand making sure all executions are cohesive, adhering to brand guidelines, and are being delivered on time.
They will be excited at the prospect of building their own team from the ground up with a mix of in-house production support as well as with production studios/agencies to help scale the team and output according to overall company needs.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Act as the managing leader and mentor for a team of production designers through skill development and career management
- Create RFPs and recruit production studios/agencies as needed to scale output and serve company needs
- Manage production studio/agency relationships and ensure quality standards and brand guidelines are being met
- Ensure that all projects from the internal and external production team are completed on time, with excellent and high-quality assets every time
- Help develop robust creative QA processes and work with product / other teams as needed to build tools and systems necessary for QA
- Create and be accountable for production templates, guidelines, standards, etc. needed to ensure consistency across the internal and external teams & collaborating with cross-functional teams to keep up-to-date on changing requirements, needs, etc.
- Conduct extensive audits (Website, email, Video, iOS/Android, presentations, marketing assets)
- Collaborate with marketing designers and copywriters to ensure creative is consistent with our visual identity, industry best practices and our company’s brand positioning making sure there is unity across all touchpoints
- Create strong file structures optimizing your workflow and our teams workflow
- Design production systems to scale and iterate efficiently
We're excited about you because you have:
- +7 years of experience running, building, and scaling production teams (in-house, agency, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the different marketing channel production challenges, requirements, and best practices for both digital assets and print assets (email, mobile, Paid ads, Google Display Network, billboards, bus ads, etc.)
- Experience hiring/recruiting and managing both internal and external teams and providing mentorship/career management for direct reports
- A can-do attitude without ego and a willingness to get your hands ‘dirty’ with work if needed
- Collaborative with willingness to work in group settings while meeting deadlines for multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- Experience working with global branding and advertising
- Level head under pressure, resourcefulness, and creative problem solver
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Fluency with industry-standard design tools
- An understanding of HTML, CSS
- Experience with data asset management and file management systems
- Experience using Creative Management Platforms
- Experience with Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools
- High quality photo retouching skills and typography composition
- Experience working independently, but also communicates with and receives direction from cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in rapid iteration
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Read Full Job Description