Senior Producer at 2K (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Mass Media is the premier engineering group for 2K Publishing’s Global Services. Since 1995, we’ve developed deep and multifaceted engineering expertise in video games. Whether it's platform optimization, multiplayer/networking, rendering, console certification, tools, and pipelines – we’ve done it all! Because we're part of Global Services Technology, we're at the heart of all our games. We provide the engineering to support the matrix of platforms and storefronts of today, innovative technical solutions to the problems of tomorrow, and connective tissue across 2K's studios! In short, when some of the best studios in the world have needs, we can answer the call.
What We Need
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Producer to drive and support development teams in the creation, delivery, and optimization of software initiatives. In this role, you will help teams and projects track progress and ultimately reach their goals using strong organization, collaboration, and communication skills. If you're looking to expand your skill set, push your limits in taking on the toughest problems, and get your hands on some exceptional IP, then this is the right position for you.
What You'll Do
- Drive multiple projects simultaneously across different stages of the development lifecycle
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary leaders to establish and maintain development priorities across multiple teams and project dependencies
- Anticipate, manage, and solution for potential roadblocks or conflicts, working with qa and engineering partners to mitigate
- Provide transparency on overall project health (including current state, progress, risks and blockers) to stakeholders of various levels and technical backgrounds, setting expectations, risks, and needs appropriately
- Propose practical solutions / improvements to achieve team and project goals
- Effectively write clear, concise, and accurate documentation and email communications, with the ability to summarize complex topics and achieve alignment
Required Experience and Skills
- Previous experience in a production role where you've managed cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of complex projects
- Deep understanding of software development process, and project management practices
- Demonstrated technical aptitude; Strong preference to applicants with development (programming, technical) and/or game development experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Have the ability to communicate with varying levels and backgrounds of stakeholders, within your team and throughout the company
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations within a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to plan and supervise numerous near-term steps in the pursuit of long-term goals
- Experience with AAA console / PC products
- Passionate video game enthusiast
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $85,000 and $125,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.