Senior Specialist, Engineering Branding & Content Management at DoorDash
DoorDash is building the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! As we continue to scale our engineering team, we’re looking for someone to focus on branding and managing the content for the organization. As the first senior specialist, you will drive the content and branding initiatives by helping engineers publish blogs, up-level their presentation skills for conferences and all-hands meetings, help improve and maintain documentation, and more.About the Team
The Engineering Operations team is committed to creating a delightful and productive experience for the DoorDash engineering organization. We work with the entire engineering organization on delivering initiatives that span across the company. We have an innate passion for trailblazing and driving creative solutions, pushing the boundaries of what we can achieve in development velocity and craftsmanship. The team acts as a trusted partner to our VP of Engineering, Ryan Sokol, in creating policies, action plans, and execution strategies. Our efforts directly contribute to building a scalable engineering organization that supports our company roadmap.About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading high-impact branding initiatives that shape how DoorDash engineering is perceived in the world. Projects include but are not limited to: publishing technical and non-technical blogs, speaking engagements, conferences, podcasts, and social media campaigns
- Evangelizing and driving the adoption of best practices in documentation and maintenance of our knowledge base
- Recruiting and retaining talented technical writers and branding specialists when needed
- Contribute directly as a technical writer, article editor, and document reviewer
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance to junior people in the Engineering Operations team
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a technical writer, content management, or related role.
- You have experience defining the role and scope of brand building in a rapidly growing company.
- You are passionate about technology.
- You love working with people and are passionate about helping others.
- You are curious and are interested in understanding in broad sense our unique tech space and can quickly pick up new areas when necessary.
- You are a leader, coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others.
- You are organized and an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.