Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is growing rapidly, and we’re excited to hire our first technical writer onto the API-first team. Our vision is to empower and inspire the next generation of software builders making decentralization and ownership in the crypto ecosystem transparent and accessible, and the technical writer will be critical to this effort.
Your work will span three key areas: First, you will help us build our Coinbase Cloud developer relations program, engaging with developers to drive technical product adoption and build strong feedback loops to inform product decisions, and review new and existing issues developers face. Second, you will work directly with product teams across Coinbase to write structured API documentation and develop naming and writing conventions we will continue to use for years to come. Finally, you will document your work and create systems that will enable efficient, scalable content.
You’ll work closely with engineers, product managers, product marketers, product designers, content designers, and researchers, and will report into the design systems team — a multidisciplinary mix of designers, illustrators, engineers, and writers.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partner cross-functionally to create API documentation and code examples
- Create a variety of content, including but not limited to docs, blogs, books, tutorials, videos, and reference applications
- Step into a wider range of technical writing work, potentially participating in Hackathons, and helping to build open source projects, code schools, learning products, and meetups
- Ensure consistency in voice, tone, and language
- Publish and maintain templates that will help scale the written documentation at Coinbase
- Oversee peer editing and production review work
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years of technical writing experience
- Experience owning the end-to-end documentation creation process
- Ability to work with content formatting in Markdown, HTML, CSS.
- Ability to interpret example code written in multiple programming languages, to an extent to create and maintain code samples as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment without much oversight
- Enthusiasm for financial innovation and Coinbase’s mission
Nice to haves:
- Experience using source control to manage and publish content
- Experience with ReadMe.io
- Experience creating scalable content
- Experience shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, or in an English-focused degree such as English, technical writing, journalism, or communications
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.