Senior UX Writer at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is a mobile shopping app that connects over 500 million consumers with affordable goods around the world. Now, we’re searching for a smart, collaborative Senior UX Writer to join the Product Creative team and to write product copy for our consumer-facing app, and mentor other UX writers. In this role, you will influence messaging, tone, and the overall experience of millions of users, with high-visibility and high-impact. The Senior UX Writer will work closely with product designers, product managers, and engineers to help our business and customers succeed.
What you'll be doing:
- Craft clear, enticing, and user-centric product copy for our consumer app
- Act as a mentor to writers in earlier stages of their career (people management opportunities possible)
- Help refine the UX writing function as a whole across the company
- Conduct user research and use data to write copy that enriches the experience of over 500 million Wish users
- Build upon and help maintain adherence to our product style guide
- Work closely with product designers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists to improve the Wish product
- 4+ years of UX writing experience
- BA in English or another related discipline
- Experience working in tech or financial products a plus
- Experience mentoring writers a plus
- Solid writing portfolio showcasing product features you’ve written
- Experience with rapid iteration at a high-growth company preferred
- Most importantly, an eager team player
- A generally positive outlook and attitude
- Organized, detailed & driven
- Ability to write creatively in a data-driven environment
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.