Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters— Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
Sr. Manager, Brand Editorial
As Sr. Manager, Brand Editorial, you will devise and own MasterClass’ annual Brand Concept Map - the calendar of initiatives, launches and narratives that forms the basis of our annual marketing plan, and determines how we bring our brand and business to life through all levels and levers of communication - from quarterly through-the-line brand campaigns to daily social posts.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Brand Marketing, you will work centrally across all the various marketing functions to determine and direct the stories we tell, and when, where and how we tell them to ensure maximum cultural resonance and commercial impact.
- Work with the leaders of our Business Operations, Content, Product and Marketing teams to plan and prioritize the key initiatives for the year that will help us meet business and brand objectives
- Determine, with our Director, Brand Marketing, the thematic focus of our seasonal/quarterly through-the-line brand campaign
- Identify our monthly brand themes and deliver strategic and executional briefs bringing them to life in all channels
- Identify, with our Director, Product Marketing, the key product features and innovations to support with marketing throughout the year
- Work cross functionally with the Director, Marketing & Talent, to identify and recommend opportunities to amplify instructors to maximize brand exposure, PR value and awareness generation.
- Work with the Content team to strategically devise our calendar of weekly class launches: determining what classes we launch when, and how, for maximum brand, cultural and commercial impact
- Determine the editorial theme, cadence and segmentation of weekly targeted communications to members, working in conjunction with the Director, Membership Marketing
- Devise and own the calendar of daily social posts and initiatives through all our key social channels
What skills do I need?
- 10+ years performing a similar role for a brand in the entertainment, content or CPG sectors, or within a top agency as a senior Communications Planner or Strategic Planner - but either way, you need to be equally comfortable with thinking in big-picture brand terms and dealing with the tactical minutiae of targeted, segmented communications.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization and building influential and collaborative relationships
- Experience translating insights, ideas, and data into customer value
- Experience with international markets preferred
- Collaborative, creative and analytical
- Driven to connect brands and people
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.