At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
*Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
PitchBook News is growing fast-come join us!
Led by executive editor and Wall Street Journal veteran Alec Davis, PitchBook is investing heavily in the growth of its editorial team. We're building a first-class media operation covering tech, venture capital, private equity and M&A. We're looking for an ambitious and diligent reporter who's eager to break news and go up against other top-tier news outlets.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Take a leading role in PitchBook's reporting on the startup ecosystem in Silicon Valley and beyond
- Contribute as needed to team coverage of breaking news and original, enterprise journalism
- Write data-driven stories and analytical trend-focused pieces using PitchBook's best-in-class datasets
- Collaborate with PitchBook researchers, producers and designers on producing unique, insightful articles, multimedia reports and data-visualization opportunities
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of financial writing experience
- A relevant four-year college degree
- Passion for technology, business and the markets
- Experience producing various types of high-quality content on deadline
- Ability to leverage research to write a compelling story
- Enthusiasm for conducting incisive interviews and developing trusted sources
- Competence in data journalism and an ability to think about stories visually
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.