Technical Content Editor and Writer (Contract) at Optimizely
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.Job Description
Optimizely is looking for an experienced writer and editor with deep familiarity in software engineering to edit and draft content, including blog posts, whitepapers, and how-to guides for an engineering audience. Hours are flexible and on an as-needed basis. This is not a documentation role.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Review, revise, and copyedit 1-4 blog posts/month targeting an audience of software engineers
- Draft 2-3 blog posts or 1 longer form piece of content per quarter for software engineering audience on technical strategy topics
- Create, source, and suggest imagery to accompany blog posts and other long form content
- Ideal but not required: Advise on related SEO optimization for content supported
- Join content calendar/strategy meetings on an as needed basis
- Experience writing and developing content for a technical audience, preferably software engineering
- Editorial experience, including familiarity with AP Style or similar
- Familiarity with blogging platforms or CMS’s and workflows
- Ability to critically think about the content you draft/review to advise, question, and or further develop concepts based on your familiarity in software engineering
- Software engineering or development background a plus
Catered in-office lunch on weekdays
Laptop and desktop
Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.