Technical Writer, Unity Standards at Unity
Unity is seeking a new kind of technical writer to join our Unity Standards team, responsible for writing technical standards to drive consistency and quality throughout our global R&D organisation and beyond.
You will provide guidance and assistance to help take a proposal from idea to draft to published standard, working with area specialists to ensure robustness and accuracy, and validating each standard’s usefulness for the wider Unity community.
Unlike traditional technical writing - where you’d typically write end-user documentation for new products, writing a Unity Standard starts with a developer or Unity team wanting to set a standard. You will help write the details and implement the standard, as well as ensuring validation solutions are available for products to check against the standards.
Working alongside the Brighton-based Release Engineering Group (who are coordinating the release of Unity to millions of developers and billions of end-users), you'll collaborate with multiple teams as well as teams across our European and worldwide offices, with opportunities to travel.
This is a unique opportunity to grow your technical writing skills in a new and exciting area for Unity, and one that will have a direct impact on the quality of our products.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing and editing standards to an exceptionally high level of quality
- Leading, planning, and coordinating standards projects, from idea through to drafting and release
- Working with software developers to help them formulate validation code that implement each new standard
- Helping evolve and improve Unity Standards concepts, tools, viewer UX, processes
- Auditing and maintaining existing standards
What we’re looking for
- Experience in software technical writing
- A passion for writing and language with an impeccable standard of English
- A good understanding of technology and a natural affinity for software development
- A curious mind, willing to ask questions and dig for answers with a talent for simplifying complexity
You might also have
- Software development experience
- Knowledge of JIRA, including workflow creation and administration
- Experience in an Agile environment with distributed teams across different time zones
- Experience in environments certified by international standards bodies
- Familiarity with source control tools and processes
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.