Ecommerce infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is a world-class buying experience available for all online businesses. We're building a future where retailers can eliminate the massive operational overhead and technical debt associated with online checkout and payments, and where customers can buy instantly and securely across the internet. To solve such a large problem, we've put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
As Bolt’s first technical writer, you’ll not only write customer-facing content but also partner with engineering, support, and other stakeholders to build processes that ensure ongoing scale and quality of our documentation. Your passion for sharing knowledge will improve upon Bolt’s existing writing culture, and your excellent writing skills will simplify Bolt for our customers at all points of the customer lifecycle. Additionally, as a member of our customer education team, you’ll integrate your content into our broader education ecosystem, ensuring that we communicate technical operations and requirements consistently across multiple media. You’re a great fit for this role if you enjoy working with developers and customers, love writing and organizing content, and are highly motivated to deliver a top-notch customer experience.
- Write and maintain all content for our external developer audience, including: API documentation, Plugin integration documentation, and Plugin testing practices
- Document approved third-party applications and the processes required to integrate each application with Bolt.
- Compile Bolt’s release notes.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, support, solution engineering, implementation and customer success to ensure that your documentation is of high quality, is easily discoverable, is intuitive to follow, and is simple to maintain.
- Understand customer needs and incorporate customer feedback into our technical documentation. Partner with customer education leadership to build out our content writing tech stack, including selection of authoring and distribution tools.
- Ensure smooth integration of Bolt’s technical documentation into other components of our education experience, such as training courses.
- Ensure that the style and tone of our technical documentation are aligned with our brand.
- 3+ years of experience writing developer-focused technical documentation for an external audience
- Outstanding writing & communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn technical concepts
- Experience with best-in-class content authoring and distribution tools
- Domain expertise in eCommerce (Bonus)
- Experience with Shopping Cart Platforms (WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce) (Bonus)
- Experience with Google Analytics & Facebook Pixel (Bonus)
- Experience with Web Hosting (Bonus)
Read Full Job Description