Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
FLEXIBLE - EAST COAST
The Design team at Addepar shapes wealth managers’ digital experiences. By designing and delivering intuitive, easy-to-use products, we help wealth managers grow their businesses and provide best-in-class services to their clients. We take an agile, high-growth mindset and foster a client-centered work environment with a focus on constructive feedback and collaboration.
Wealth management is undergoing a technological transformation. Financial advisors need a better way to scale their businesses while meeting their clients’ financial needs. We’re looking for highly-qualified people who enjoy simplifying complexity and challenging the status quo to meet our goal of providing the best user experience in the industry.
As our fifth writer, you’ll own content experiences for two key personas: the advisor associate and operations specialist. These users are the go-to “Addepar experts” at their firm, often responsible for setting up and maintaining the Addepar system. They’re organized and pragmatic, with a keen eye for efficiency, accuracy, and data security/compliance.
Our ideal candidate is skilled at distilling complex ideas, passionate about building smooth and efficient workflows, and thinks holistically about delivering the right content at the right time. You’ll make learning our product easy and compelling.
- Write and edit exceptional UI copy for product tours and interactions, as well as supplemental help documentation.
- Develop principles, guidelines, and best practices for product language and tone.
- Articulate and document your content strategy and rationale. Manage your time and set clear expectations.
- Collaborate with and influence product management, design, and engineering teams, as well as client-facing services teams. Adapt to feedback.
- Educate partners on the role of content strategy throughout the product development process. Evangelize Addepar’s voice and tone.
- Mentor your fellow writers and contribute to regular content reviews.
- Use data and research to evaluate and improve content.
- Stay current on industry best practices that help differentiate our product and engage our users.
- A portfolio that showcases how you simplified and enhanced desktop experiences for real people. We’re especially interested in product tours, interactions, and style guides.
- Deep understanding of best practices for in-app content across platforms and experience developing and implementing content standards.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for user research and how to extract data-driven insights.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for consistency.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- Experience in the finance industry is not required but a huge plus.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2.5 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.