Video Editor and Motion Designer
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We’re seeking a Video Editor and Motion Designer to join the growing Design team at Chime, where we are working hard to better the financial lives of our members. You’ll be responsible for capturing, editing, and producing video for internal and external initiatives. You’ll collaborate closely with the marketing and design teams to create and produce videos that power growth, expand the brand, educate, and more.
This role requires at least three years of experience storyboarding, designing, and creating video and animated assets in a professional environment. You’ll partner with teams across Chime, including marketing design, product design, user research, content strategy, growth management, lifecycle marketing, and more. As video has become one of our most compelling communication methods, you’ll be on the front line of our relationship with our members.
- Put the user first in all design decisions. Don’t lessen their problems, actually eliminate them.
- Act as a champion for high caliber video experiences throughout Chime, owning the process from start to finish
- Create cohesive marketing experiences with high-quality assets that power Chime’s marketing channels and rapidly increase growth
- Produce storyboard, designs, concepts, and animations to illustrate the entire experience of a concept
- Present work to and collaborate with marketing, growth, research, and product teams
- Produce lo-fi and UGC video concepts for growth marketing initiatives
- Support the team with rapid video iterations including reformatting specs, updating t’s and c’s, resizing, experimenting, testing, and generally running all day-to-day production edits.
- Iterate on your work with feedback from stakeholders and members
- Wear multiple design hats, helping to work on any project as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in video production, animation, motion design, and/or advertising (or applicable experience)
- 3+ years of professional experience designing for brand marketing, performance marketing, and growth
- Understanding of video production and animation platforms and the limitations/opportunities for each (Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere)
- See many different ways to tackle a problem and weigh the pros/cons of each
- Balance business objectives with user needs. You represent both sides and balance your design decisions, getting the best possible outcome for both.
- A relentless desire to make banking really really really (we mean it!) work for our user’s benefit
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.