Work From Home Content Strategist at Capital One (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Locations: US Remote, United States of America
Work From Home Content Strategist
As a Work From Home Content Strategist, you'll work with a team of content creators who work with business partners in operations, product, tech and design teams to deliver content experiences that help our agents solve problems for millions of customers.
We are passionate about crafting the performance-enabling, human-centered digital content experiences our global network of talented agents use every day to confidently know the best thing to say or do when helping our customers. Our content solutions empower agents to handle anything that is thrown at them.
It's an exciting time to join our team. We're on a content transformation journey - one that involves redesigning how we research, think about, create, present and manage content. We need folks like you who find this exciting and want to jump in head first to deliver significant results and first-class content experiences for our agents.
What you'll do:
Partner and Strategize
- Partner with stakeholders to understand and analyze business needs and project objectives to inform your content strategies.
- Develop comprehensive content strategies to deliver on requested business needs and enable agent performance through content solutions.
- Understand how content is performing by leveraging data to identify and propose opportunities for improvement.
- Use call listening tools to understand current experience and customer perspective.
- Lead or contribute to agent user testing and focus groups to gain insights of current experiences and validate proposed content solutions.
- Write simple, easy-to-understand, human-centric content to intuitively guide agents on what to say or do when helping customers.
Quality and Governance
- Follow and apply established content standards to assure consistency and quality.
- Be aware of governance processes and downstream impacts of content solutions.
Connect and Contribute
- Collaborate with business and tech partners to assure a shared understanding of what's needed and how your content solutions will deliver the intended value.
- Represent the voice-of-the-agent to influence project partners, UI/UX designers and content designers for your projects and related work that impacts an agent's content experience.
Qualities you'll bring:
- Communicator & Influencer - You're always advocating for the user's experience and building the most intuitive content experiences possible. You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience.
- Do-er - Y ou try new things and sometimes fail. You like a new challenge and can be comfortable navigating ambiguity, steering around roadblocks and staying focused on your goals. You can easily pivot when priorities change, embracing the change and setting an example for others.
- Passionate & Customer Focused - You're always advocating for the user's experience and building the most intuitive content experiences possible.
- Learner - You crave knowledge and staying up-to-date on the skills and approaches needed to finesse your craft. You embrace a growth mindset, making a point of seeking feedback for improving your content from a user experience perspective.
- Team Player - You enjoy working and collaborating with diverse people and seeking different points-of-view to assure the quality of your work. You put the goals of the team in the forefront and excel at establishing trusting relationships with your peers, partners and stakeholders.
Work from Home Technology Requirements
- Secure home office environment that is free from background noise and distractions
- Reliable private internet connection that is not supplied via cellular data or hotspot is required
- A private network that is password protected where you have ownership or line of site sight to every device on the network
- Internet service must be provided by Cable or Fiber Internet Service Providers (ISP)
- Hotspots and satellite services are prohibited and do not meet performance criteria required for optimal agent/customer interactions
- ISP download speeds on VPN must be at least 5Mbps, with 10+ Mbps preferred
- To validate ISP speeds from a Chrome browser, go to www.google.com, type Speed Test and run from the Google landing page
- Both Hardwire and WiFi internet connections are acceptable as long as speed and security requirements are met
Capital One reserves the right to request proof of internet provider, speed and service package from the associate. Requirements are subject to change, as new systems and technology is delivered. Capital One reserves the right to modify internet service requirements with sixty (60) days notice. Internet Service Provider specs can change by provider and location within the US. If you are experiencing consistent issues with internet stability Capital One reserves the right to ask the agent to upgrade internet service to ensure a good customer experience.
Work from Home Location Requirements
This role is 100% work from home. We are unable to consider applicants who do not meet the required Capital One Work at Home compatible internet access or who live in the states of California, Hawaii, or US territories. Work from home U.S. based associates are not permitted to work internationally, outside of the continental United States (i.e. Hawaii or U.S. Territories), or California.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of writing experience in content strategy, UX writing, communications, or marketing
- At least 2 years of experience writing for digital products or UX research
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Remote (Regardless of Location): $74,000 - $84,400 for Content Manager II
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).