Senior Customer Community Manager at Samsara (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Highest-Rated Tech Companies for Culture and Values 2023
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced, customer-centric, and operationally minded Senior Customer Community Manager to take our enterprise customer community – Spark – to new heights. The ideal candidate will be a strong executor with a deep understanding of customer dynamics, community engagement strategies, and on and offline customer community events. As the sole community driver, this Senior Customer Community will need to act as a true owner, leading the our first community and being willing to roll up their sleeves to deliver a high value experience for customers, our internal teams, and the business. This is a highly collaborative role and team that is a part of the broader Customer Marketing team. This program is mission critical to Samsara’s long-term growth – ensuring customer retention, product adoption, loyalty & advocacy, and expansion across our top customers.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Evolve customer community strategy for business impact: Evolve and execute a thoughtful customer community strategy and roadmap for our Spark community that aligns with the company's growth objectives. This strategy should be focused on delivering a high value customer experience through a mix of community on and offline events and with outcomes rooted in driving customer value and supporting Samsara’s business goals.
- Drive community recruiting and outreach: Develop and execute strategies to grow the customer community, including internal recruiting campaigns, targeted customer outreach, promotion of the program at our annual customer conference, and more.
- Lead community event planning and execution: Conceptualize, plan, and execute remarkable bi-monthly virtual and in-person customer community events including product feedback sessions, customer sharing roundtables, networking events at our customer conference, and more. Collaborates with teams across Samsara to create high value community and event content that drives engagement and drive all on and offline event logistics end-to-end from customer registration and attendee tracking to event facilitation and post-event reporting and more.
- Drive community engagement: Facilitate and encourage meaningful discussions, knowledge sharing, and networking among customers in community events and drive monthly digital engagement campaigns like the community newsletter. Support community engagement as the sole program lead and primary point of contact for community members, responding to inquiries, comments, and discussions in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify and develop customer advocates and plug into advocate activities: Identify, nurture, and mobilize customer advocates within the community and find new ways to cultivating authentic customer stories that demonstrate the real-world value of our products.
- Continuously improve the community with performance analysis and reporting: Monitor and analyze key community health and outcome metrics to extract insights that inform growth of the community and validate the community's impact on business growth. Independently use data-driven insights to refine community strategies and drive improvements.
- Develop and execute new programs and campaigns to meet the needs of the business: Lead and execute various new campaigns and programs to support Customer Success and GTM teams to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles: (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8+ years of experience in customer community with user group or other virtual event focused community experience
- Proven success in elevating B2B customer communities or user groups to drive measurable business impact
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills with an ability to prioritize amidst many moving pieces and complete tasks with high quality and on-deadline; often viewed as an “operator” by peers and management
- Ability to create engaging, ‘no fluff’ community and event content
- Deploys curiosity at every opportunity to become a customer expert and independently shares customer insights across the business
- Cross-functional collaborator with strong listening skills rooted in empathy
- Attention to detail and a commitment to exceptional work are part of your personal philosophy
An ideal candidate also has:
- Proficiency in utilizing community management tools
- Ability to quickly get to the heart of a problem and solve it
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and engage with diverse audiences
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
The range of annual base salary for full-time employees for this position is below. Please note that base pay offered may vary depending on factors including your city of residence, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.