Community Strategist, IT Service Management at Atlassian (San Francisco, CA)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work - whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our Community & Learning Team is a globally distributed team comprised of people with backgrounds in community management, training and certifications, operations, marketing, and customer engagement. We build programs and experiences that help Atlassian's global community learn, earn and connect across first- and third-party channels, in partnership with internal teams, customers, and our partners. We're hiring a Community Strategist to focus on our IT Service Management solution area. This role will report to the Senior Team Lead, Advocacy. Here, you'll work with stakeholders from Product Management and Marketing on community strategies that grow and activate more champions of our IT Service Management products and the Atlassian brand.
What you'll do:
- Consult and guide stakeholders in the IT Service Management solution area to build and execute multi-channel community strategies focused on engagement, knowledge exchange, connection and brand love
- Proactively identify and recommend creative ways to engage and grow our community across both 1st and 3rd party channels
- Create experiences where members and partners are excited to participate, with an emphasis on growing and activating champions
- Program manage a multi-faceted tactical approach across go-to-market teams (brand, product marketing, customer success, channel ecosystem, and more)
- Communicate with cross-functional teams, senior-level business executives, customers, and partners, generating awareness and buy-in
- 7+ years in a community, advocacy, or customer engagement focused role
- Strong knowledge of the IT Service Management or DevOps solution areas, including Atlassian and competitor offerings
- Demonstrated cross-team, project management experience including planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting
- Experience gathering and analyzing data to understand the pros and cons of different decisions and options
- Documentation and facilitation skills in leading and planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Experience with social media platforms and propagating messages within online communities
- Natural empathy for and understanding of customers' needs
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience. In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $133,100 - $177,500
Zone B: $119,800 - $159,700
Zone C: $110,500- $147,300
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity. Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh .