Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for driven, analytically-minded professionals to join the Growth Analytics team! Growth Analytics encompasses Marketing Analytics, Consumer Analytics, Merchant Product Analytics, and Operations Analytics teams. The team is responsible for the research, reporting, experimentation and activations necessary to build outstanding products and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, an eagerness to work cross-functionally, curiosity to learn more every day, and patience to work through difficult and ambiguous problems.
We're currently hiring across multiple teams:
Marketing Analytics focuses on leveraging analytics to guide optimal marketing and audience mix, and measuring effectiveness at both strategic and channel level. Currently we’re looking for the ideal candidate who can dive into organic marketing such as Web CRO and SEO channels to help drive growth.
Consumer Analytics focuses on user acquisition, values, engagement across our existing products, new products and international expansion by driving research, setting goals, testing, delivering analyses, and supporting the execution of plans across Affirm’s business.
Merchant Analytics focuses on leveraging data driven insights to build products for Affirm’s merchant network in order to drive top line growth and increase Affirm’s share of cart.
Repayment Analytics focuses on analyzing consumer repayment behavior to draw insights and influence product and operational strategy to maximize repayments and minimize losses. This involves optimizing messaging and calling strategies using internal ML driven and 3rd party vendor driven strategies.
Merchant Operations Analytics focuses on analyzing post and pre acquisition merchant engagement with operations to drive strategy and analytics on agent tooling, improving servicing driven churn.
Fraud Operations Analytics focuses on analyzing fraud related consumer behavior to drive better efficiencies, lower losses and customer experience from servicing stand point.
What you'll do
- Empower the organization with strong hypotheses, insights, and recommendations to build and prioritize product, marketing & operational roadmaps
- Develop and execute end-to-end analytics roadmap by partnering closely with product, marketing, commercial, engineering and other teams to grow the Affirm network
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to understand their business priorities, formulate and execute end-to-end analytics workflow that includes defining critical metrics, data instrumentation and gathering, experimentation, analysis, and building meaningful dashboards and forecasts
- Translate analytical outcomes and results into compelling narratives/presentations for multiple levels of leadership
- Improve the overall efficiency of the team through automation and implementation of best practices
- Coach a team of analysts and senior analysts
What we look for
- 5+ years of proven ability in an analytical role
- Strong social skills and experience managing and collaborating on cross-functionally projects
- Experience with simultaneously balancing multiple workstreams and prioritizing team's roadmap
- Experience pulling and joining large data sets with SQL and performing analysis using tools such as Python, Notebooks, R, or Excel
- Ability to start with an ambiguous problem, deconstruct it into tangible steps, and work towards an impactful solution
- Proficiency in communicating research and analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- An appreciation for qualitative and quantitative analysis and an admiration for good design
- Willingness to go out of you way to help teammates
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Previous experience in guiding junior analysts
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.