Cisco Meraki is revolutionizing the way IT administrators manage their infrastructure by providing simple and secure cloud-managed solutions. With a large install base of customers and rich, multifaceted data sets, the potential for data analytics to improve business performance for both our customers and our own business is enormous.
We are looking for an Architect, AI Infrastructure to join our Strategy & Data Science team in San Francisco. The Strategy & Data Science department is a growing group that works closely with executives and leaders across the company to support the development of and alignment on our business strategy. As part of this team, you will develop cross-functional relationships and work closely with data engineering and data science teams to drive near- and longer-term initiatives to improve our product, and customer experience. This would be an outstanding fit for an experienced software specialist with system-level understanding and expert-level knowledge of end-to-end cloud solutions, has the ability to take charge of larger cloud computing initiatives, and can serve as a technical consultant within and across teams.What will you do:
- Deliver simple and cost-effective ML/AI model building flows, maintaining quality and security at scale.
- Take ownership to build and manage cloud infrastructure for large scale data storage and processing tasks
- Lead the design and implementation of core systems of AI platform to enable better data-driven decision-making process for our customers and business stakeholders
- Influence implementation strategies with better operational simplicity
- Collaborate with multiple teams to build data governance and compliance roadmap
- Lead the development effort to secure enterprise data and applications on cloud
- Mentor engineers within and across teams
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in architecting software infrastructure, developing, and delivering software products/services with one or more core cloud provider services, preferably AWS
- Strong track record of building and managing enterprise cloud platform with focus on security, reliability, scalability and performance
- Solid understanding of SaaS and PaaS
- Proficiency in Big Data, Micro services, CI/CD, automation, containerization technologies, Kafka Streaming, Spark, GitHub, Jenkins etc
- 2+ years of work experience building AI/ML stacks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, AWS Deep Learning AMIs or other popular frameworks
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Scala/Java, C++ etc
- Past work experience with DevOps tools and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science / related technical field or equivalent combination of graduate degree and work experience
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- You demonstrate technical acumen in your work
- You have a go-getter mentality
- You are hyper-focused on maintaining good software practices
- You thrive in a dynamic environment
- You have a real passion for complex data / engineering challenges
- You have the ability to keep track of multiple competing priorities without losing details
- You have ability to communicate ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are eager to take ownership of large technical initiatives
- You remain curious and desire for continuous learning
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.