This role will contribute in building and maintaining the BI framework at Addepar. This role will play a significant part in the future of Addepar growth and serving operational BI needs of various teams within Addepar. Building and maintaining BI tools, reports and dashboards and creating meaningful metrics and KPIs will be your forté.
This role will require you to collaborate closely with different stakeholders at Addepar to support their analysis and reporting needs. You will also work closely with data and analytics engineers and drive requirements to power efficient BI infrastructure and meaningful metrics.
- Build and maintain Looker as a primary BI tool at Addepar
- Cater to operational and strategic analytics needs of different teams at Addepar
- Partner closely with business stakeholders(Sales, Services, Finance, etc) to support their data needs and build dynamic and rich dashboards
- Build visualizations to easily interpret complex data and analysis
- Generate actionable insights and opportunities from diverse and complex data sets
- Gather requirements and drive efforts in partnership with data/analytics engineers to build data integrations, dimensional models and data marts
- Drive metrics standardization and build consensus among different stakeholders for the same
- Drive data driven culture across organizations and train/educate other teams on analytics best practices and self-serve reporting needs
- 4+ years of experience working in data analytics and business intelligence domain
- An expert in writing and fine tuning SQL
- 3+ years of experience building reports and dashboards in BI/reporting tools like ( Preferred:Looker OR Tableau, Sisense/Periscope, Cognos, etc)
- Expertise in defining and building meaningful metrics and KPIs
- Ability to visualize data in different formats
- You are a SQL expert and have ability to work with large and complex data sets
- Experience working with one or more MPP databases(Prefered: Snowflake OR Redshift, Bigquery, etc)
- Excellent communication and requirement gathering skills
- Highly organized and effective planning and prioritizing skills
- Experience in training and educating business users to use/leverage BI tools
- Help teams quantify their goals and OKRs
Nice to have:
- Scripting experience in python
- Basic Statistics knowledge
- Experience working with with SaaS or Fintech companies is a plus
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.