Business Analyst at Affirm
We're looking for an outstanding individual to join Affirm's Growth Strategy team that focuses on New Markets. You'll be tasked with building upon insights gained from customers, partners, and market research and then defining and prioritizing opportunities to expand Affirm into new verticals and products. This is a complex role that will work cross functionally across the Affirm organization. The ideal team member will have strong analytical and interpersonal skills and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders. You'll have an opportunity to shape the direction of Affirm, helping millions of consumers receive honest and transparent financing.
What you'll do
- You will demonstrate a deep and broad understanding of the business, merchants and partners. You will work heavily across the organization to define strategy, assess business opportunities, drive key insights, and own operational and financial performance. You'll be accountable for the areas and projects you own.
- Own the inbound assessment for New Markets opportunities; using integrated financial modeling and data-driven analyses
- Partner cross-functionally with cross functional teams including Product, Finance, Merchant Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit, Capital Markets, Client Success, Product Analytics, Data Science and Partnerships
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating performance of various initiatives within New Markets
- Conduct custom analysis on sophisticated and open-ended questions and present findings in a clear and concise manner to cross-functional partners
- Build thoughtful and succinct presentations to communicate an initiative's strategy, key workstreams, and analyses
- Become a specialist in the retail point of sale financing, payments and marketing landscape
- Maintain a strong understanding of Affirm's long term vision with insight into the steps necessary to achieve it
What we look for
- Passion to disrupt both the retail and lending industry for the better
- 3+ years of experience within management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and ideally more recent experience in strategic or operational finance functions at a high-growth technology company
- A passion for finding strategic insights in data and driving rapid execution based on those insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - written, verbal, and graphic - are a must
- Strong work ethic - able to take ownership beyond own responsibility and run timelines/deliverables effectively
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools like Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Looker or similar. Strong written and visual communication skills. SQL, Python, R or similar familiarity is a plus.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA27
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.