Business Intelligence Developer at Unity (San Francisco, CA)
We are seeking a BI Developer who combines an intense curiosity about data with a strong dedication to practical problem solving for business collaborators. This role will require proficiency in a sophisticated and evolving data model unique in the industry not only for its scale but also in the magnitude of business processes involved. Our team works in close alignment with all business units to understand and conduct research on the analytical requirements of our data projects. Most importantly, we are looking for a keen analytical problem solver who enjoys working with and using data to find exciting insights!
As a BI Developer you will make individual contributions, in the form of report and dashboard building, code and pipeline maintenance, testing and documentation, supporting many of our projects in cross-departmental teams including Sales and Developer Relations, Marketing, Finance, Product and Engineering, Data Science, Customer Support and Operations.
What you'll be doing
- Design, deployment, and maintenance of BI and data systems:
- Build supporting pipelines, data models and reports which deliver analytics to a broad audience
- Translate business requirements into data architecture choices and automate ad hoc processes into robust, performant, highly available, business user-friendly reports
- Stand up and maintain production quality databases and ETLs with a practical eye towards the end users
- Provide analysis (in the form of custom queries, reports and dashboards) for partners and internal collaborators under high time pressure when priority demands
What we're looking for
- Experience and competence with a modern data tech stack: SQL (ETL/Database Administrator experience a plus), Python, Github, Apache Airflow, BigQuery, GCS and AWS
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets, Tableau and Looker for reports and data visualization
- Comfortable thinking about data and systems, specifically ad tech data streams
- Outstanding attention to detail; willingness to understand data at a very deep level
You may also have
- Mentorship and presenting technical information
- The ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at [email protected].
*Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base pay for the role. The actual base pay for the successful candidate may differ based on location and level.
Gross pay salary