Business Intelligence Developer at Unity Technologies
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Our editor, game services, and monetization technologies are deployed in hundreds of thousands of apps used by hundreds of millions of users every day. This generates vast data sets that need to be mined for meaningful insights that drive this fast-growing business and support our developer community.
Unity is seeking a Business Intelligence Developer to join as an integral member of our growing Operate BI Infrastructure team. You will be building data pipelines and reporting tools in Looker that serve as the backbone for product and business leaders across the company to make critical decisions.
If you are analytically minded, have a knack for optimizing anything and everything and have a passion or building scalable processes, we want to hear from you!. And above all - you ask questions and embark to answer them. Think you're ready?
Come join our journey!
What you’ll be doing
- Collecting requirements from business leaders and designing and delivering ETLs and Looker explores
- Providing data documentation in an easily understood way to both technical and non-technical parts of the business
- Understanding complex business questions and challenges and relating them to the data
- Exploring our extensive data sets to identify and investigate new opportunities and efficiencies
What we’re looking for
- Advanced SQL skills and familiarity with Python
- Experience designing and maintaining ETLs
- Experience developing in LookML and building dashboards in Looker or similar BI tool (Tableau, Periscope, PowerBI)
- Ability to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a wide audience, as well as translate sometimes ambiguous data requests into clear action items and requirements
- Ability to lead projects through all phases including identifying user requirements, technical design & implementation, and final delivery and refinement with partners
You might also have
- Gaming or AdTech experience
- Airflow experience
- Know BigQuery and/or PySpark
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.