Business Intelligence Engineer at Gusto
- Define, Design and Deliver actionable reporting, analysis, and core metric dashboarding that helps business teams discover insights and increase understanding
- Build and maintain scalable ETL processes and pipelines to bring the data into our enterprise data warehouse
- Work directly with the business partners to understand the reporting needs and develop scalable solutions keeping reusability in mind.
- Maintain and administer BI tools like Tableau and Looker
- Maintain the data quality and data integrity of the data warehouse in partnership with our Data Engineers/Architects
- Deep dive into large set of data sets to answer business questions, perform ad-hoc analysis
- Reconcile data between various systems, find opportunities to innovate, and drive improvements
- 4-5 years of experience with large complex data sets from various sources, ideally with a focus on marketing, sales, or customer acquisition
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; intellectually curious; PM skills
- Proven track record of collaboration with a variety of decision makers to drive impact
- Share a creative approach in developing actionable analysis and guidance
- Knowledge of relational databases (Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Confident with a scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.) to build data models and ETLs
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include CapitalG, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.