Business Operations Analytics Lead at DoorDash
The Analytics team is looking for someone to develop strategies & insights that guide operational excellence in all of our regions across North America. Your team will be responsible for understanding the drivers of growth at the market level and you will develop analyses that identify trends and opportunities to unlock new sources of business growth.About the Role
We are looking for a data-driven operational expert who knows how to move fast and take insights into action. The Business Operations manager will use technical skills to surface insights quickly to guide agile decision-making. Once uncovered, you will communicate those insights to executive leaders, persuading immediate action. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have expertise using analytics to promote growth, we want to hear from you!You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Collect, process, and clean data from different sources using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools to identify trends and opportunities
- Identify and build essential metrics through large data-sets
- Conduct deep-dives to build improvement strategies with our Strategy & Ops teams
- Mentor junior analysts on how to use more advanced methods
- Create company projects by identifying essential metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Present in key meetings and business reviews with our executive team and founders
- Participation in execution and analysis of thoughtful experiments and testing culture through our operations teams
- 5+ years of post-graduation experience in a data analytics, consulting, or similar role
- Able to code complex SQL queries, ETL experience a plus
- Expertise in relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations
- Expertise of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Tableau)
- Exceptional strategy consulting experience or other client-facing professional services experience is a plus
- Can-do “builder” attitude. You’re someone who can initiate and bring projects to completion
- Embrace the time and performance a startup culture requires
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or economics is a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.