Business Operations Analytics Lead
The Analytics team is looking for a leader to develop strategies & insights that drive operational excellence in all of our regions across North America. Your team will be responsible for understanding the drivers of growth at the market level and you will develop analyses that identify trends and opportunities to unlock new sources of business growth.About the Role
We are looking for a data-driven operational expert who knows how to move fast, work cross-functionally, and take insights into action. The Business Operations manager will leverage technical skills to surface insights quickly in order to guide agile decision making. Once uncovered, this person will communicate those insights to executive leaders, persuading immediate action. If you have a strong bias towards action, enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact, we want to hear from you!You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Collect, process, and clean data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools to identify trends and opportunities
- Identify and quantify levers to help move key metrics through large data-sets
- Conduct deep-dives to build & execute improvement strategies with our Strategy & Ops teams
- Mentor and guide junior analysts on how to use more advanced methods to solve problems
- Drive company initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Present in key meetings and business reviews with our executive team and founders
- Participation in design, execution, and analysis of experiments; driving rigor and testing culture through our operations teams
- 5+ years of post-graduation experience in a data analytics, consulting, or other quantitative role
- An ability to write very complex SQL queries, ETL experience a plus
- Expertise in cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Tableau)
- Exceptional business and communication skills. Strategy consulting experience or other client-facing professional services experience is a plus
- Self-starter, “builder” attitude. You’re someone who can initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Get-it-done mindset. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or economics is a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.