Business Operations Associate, Fertility at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Our fertility business has quickly transformed the experience for fertility patients, by delivering the highest quality customer service and convenience, enabled by our technology and an exceptional team of pharmacists and patient care specialists. 9 out of 10 patients report they would recommend Alto Fertility to a friend or colleague! We have established a strong leadership presence in California and Washington, and are preparing for our national expansion.
What you’ll do:
- Analytics: Develop quantitative analysis, ad-hoc reports, and models to support new initiatives and key operations decisions, including launch plans, staffing forecast, process optimizations, and growth opportunities; Take an active role in tracking and Fertility-related analytics across the company working in collaboration with finance, product, sales, and partnerships
- Growth opportunities: Develop business cases and economic models outlining opportunity, rationale, and execution plans of new growth opportunities (e.g. geographic expansion, industry partnerships) to provide insights to senior stakeholders regarding new or existing business initiatives
- Cross-functional mobilization: Drive implementation of cross-functional initiatives such as new product and service offerings, strategic partnerships, and improvements to internal operations
- Project management: Manage key quarterly initiatives (e.g. quality improvement, team morale), ensuring appropriate team members are mobilized and tasks are completed in time
- Develop internal reporting and communications: Support General Manager to build tools for tracking business performance and communicating cross-functionally, e.g., dashboards, business updates/priorities
- All-around Fertility Team support: Engage with Fertility team members and other key stakeholders to understand business / operations challenges and support them in designing solutions; Support Fertility GM in preparing for and facilitating Fertility team-wide meetings and leadership team offsites
What you’ll need:
- 3-4 years of experience in an investing, consulting, investment banking, product, and/or other highly analytical role at a fast-growing company
- Data-driven. You know how to gather the right facts and proof points to build a business case for a decision, but you focus on what is most important. You can break down business issues to identify data needs, gather inputs, and drive to insights and recommendations You are proficient with data analysis tools, including Excel, Google Sheets, etc. SQL strongly preferred.
- Ability to operate “full stack” - You can ask and answer your own questions (and pull the necessary data to do so), visualize that data in high signal-to-noise ways that make key insights clear and compelling to executive audiences, and create project structure, execution plans, and momentum for yourself and those around you to drive swift action from those insights
- Comfort with ambiguity. You can drive complex initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success
- Excellent communication skills to clearly socialize ideas to employees at all levels within an organization and proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships with cross-functional business partners to deliver outcomes
- Entrepreneurial: Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and innovative organization, with the ability to shift priorities quickly, and maintain organization and control
- Passion for serving the needs of each and every fertility patient
- Experience in and passion for healthcare strongly preferred