The Finance & Business Strategy Team at Postmates works on solving key business problems. Our goal is to use data to help the company make the right decisions, address key challenges and identify new ways to grow and impact the company’s Financial performance.
As a Business Analyst at Postmates, you focus on driving critical business insights for our executive team and partner with leaders throughout the company to assess new opportunities and execute on ideas. You are a generalist who uses data to inform recommendations -- but you also have a mind for higher-level strategy. You can execute on near term monthly goals, but also take a long-term perspective. Examples of recent work include developing pricing strategies, identifying new growth initiatives, and building a pipeline of partnership opportunities. You will spend roughly 20% of your time on strategy (planning, prioritization, and decision making) and 80% on execution (putting plans into action), and you will work closely with Product, Growth, Sales and Business Development.
In this role, you will report into the VP of Revenue and your views will be reviewed directly by our executive team and you will have end-to-end ownership of key initiatives that shape the future of Postmates. You must be proactive and detail-oriented with strong technical skills and excellent written/verbal communication abilities.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in analytics at a tech company, investment banking or management consulting
- Experience in pricing, supply-demand economics, growth or marketplaces
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Economics, Statistics)
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- SQL knowledge required
- Proven history of implementing and executing business ideas
- Relentless focus on metrics, goals and detail
- Scrappy and entrepreneurial mindset
- Top-notch communication skills, verbal, and written
- Postmates customer
- Programming experience (Python or R)
- Consumer tech experience
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Killer office in San Francisco