We’re looking for a hands-on builder to own the catalog for our next big bet, DoorDash Essentials.
New Verticals is a new, lean team at DoorDash. We’re building and scaling new ways to serve our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform. DoorDash Essentials is a big bet to bring our customers everything they need at home – not just restaurant food – to their doors as fast as possible.
What You’ll Do
- Own the catalog. You’ll own look and feel of our grocery and convenience product shopping experience. You’ll ensure that all of our items have accurate and understandable names and descriptions, high-quality and on-brand photos, and other necessary information to provide a world-class shopping experience.
- Collaborate internally and externally. To build a high quality experience, you’ll work with external partners and alongside internal business and product stakeholders.
- Strategize, and get 1% better every day. Using sales and velocity data, you’ll help organize how items and information appears to customers, and run experiments to optimize the experience.
- You’re an owner. You have an amazing knack for attention to even the smallest details and will “own” your work.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable modeling in Excel, or even pulling your own data in SQL.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You have 1+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in a high-performance culture and are ready for your next challenge.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.