Change Analyst at Zipline
Are you passionate about helping people and teams adapt to change? As a part of the Configuration Management Team at Zipline, you will be focused on the creation, review and execution of changes to our products and processes. You will help us to create, deliver, and maintain change management strategies across all of our programs.
The Change Analyst will work with cross functional teams (Design Engineering, New Production Introduction, Manufacturing, Material Planning and Supply Chain) to ensure the continuous accuracy of Bills of Materials (BOMs), and documentation through the Product Lifecycle Management and ERP systems. The Change Analyst will be responsible for promoting BOM changes, configuration control and management throughout the product development lifecycle including effective dates, change control and material dispositions.
As part of the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) team, the Change Analyst will, along with the PLM team, be responsible for the facilitation, governance and execution of the Change Management process, including the analysis, quality assurance and management of change requests and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) within the Configuration Management toolset.
The team is consistently looking to review and evolve current ways of working, this is a wonderful opportunity to contribute and help drive change in the way the function operates, ensuring best practice processes are adopted and configuration management tooling fits the teams' requirements.What You'll Do
- Provide day to day oversight over revision control for the Manufacturing BOM.
- During the Product Development Process, review BOMs prior to promotion into validation (Engineering or Design Validation) or production states (Low Rate Initial Production, VolumeMass Production states) to ensure proper structure, adherence to approved ECOs, and provide feedback to relevant engineering teams.
- During validation and production phases and prior to promotion to subsequent production states, ensure understanding of BOM changes with Manufacturing and Material Planning teams and facilitate readiness to build, including leading crosswalks between BOM revisions.
- Manage the end to end change lifecycle and identify process improvements required.
- Provide day to day management of change requests, including leading Change Review Board (CRB) and Change Control Board (CCB) meetings and well produce CCB/CRB minutes and reports.
- Review ECO’s and their associated affected items against all relevant change requests for accuracy and completeness.
- Review BOMs and approve release to production after appropriate reviews for accuracy and completeness per the associated ECO(s)and CR(s).
- Identify approvers for Change Requests and ECO’s and ensure approvals and/or feedback are obtained in a timely manner.
- Solicit timely and relevant feedback from change owners upon identifying inaccuracies or incompleteness within change requests and/or ECO(s) and ensuring change owners address these items and re-submit for approval.
- Conduct post implementation reviews; investigate issues arising out of change implementation.
- Drive continuous improvements to the quality and efficiency of the change management process.
- Ensure cross-functional teams adhere to established standards within the Configuration Management toolset.
- Extensive experience in a fast paced operations environment working within a Configuration Management framework with a solid understanding of Change Management principles.
- Strong analytical capabilities, highly organized and excellent relationship management skills
- Energetic and proactive with a "can-do" attitude.
- Execute on goals and initiatives with minimal guidance from management
- Experience with PLM tools like Aras, Agile, TeamCenterArena, etc.
- Experience with ERP/MES tools like SAP, Odoo, etc.
- Deep knowledge of BOM’s, how they are constructed and modified during the change review and implementation process.
- Basic understanding of CAD and CAD derived BOMs.
- Proven ability to engage and partner with senior stakeholders across any number of business functions.
- Rational and calm under pressure.
- 4 year college degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience working with a configuration management team, preferably in a manufacturing environment.