Compliance, Investigations Analyst at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is committed to deterring illicit activities, protecting against exploitation by criminals, and complying fully with our legal and regulatory requirements. Being the most trusted brand in the industry is our key priority. We are looking for someone who shares our values, is a team player but can work independently, and who thrives in a dynamic environment. Investigation Analysts handle sensitive and high-risk cases and must maintain the highest ethical standards. Our Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer manages the Investigations Team.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Conduct compliance reviews and analysis in support of Coinbase’s BSA/AML and other regulatory compliance policies and programs including investigating alerts, reviewing merchant activity, and conducting enhanced due diligence
- Remain current with industry standards and developments in the areas of KYC, BSA/AML, and OFAC, and apply regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures to case investigations
- Respond to ad hoc AML requests, escalate issues, incorporate feedback from QC analyst, assist with SAR preparation and filing, identify opportunities to improve processes and tools for greater efficiency
- Maintain detailed documentation to demonstrate compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedures
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent
- CAMS certified (not required, but a major plus)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience (conducting AML/Fraud investigations, customer due diligence, SARs preparation and filing)
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, FinCEN guidance)
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communications (verbal and written) skills
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.