Contracts Analyst at Coinbase
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is leading the expansion of digital currency into the financial mainstream. We are building a world-class Source to Pay (STP) team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to grow the company in the U.S. and internationally. You will be working in a cutting edge and fast paced environment, where disruptive technologies and unconventional thinking are the norm.
We are looking for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and experienced Contracts Analyst with a background in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts to join our growing Source-to-Pay (“STP”) team. You will be part of the STP team reporting to a Senior Contracts Manager and will support the STP team review, draft, and negotiate technology related commercial contracts including consulting and services agreements and related statements of work and order forms, software license and SaaS services agreements, marketing agreements, partnership agreements, RFIs, amendments and non-disclosure agreements, and other commercial agreements, all with support of counsel as needed. You will work closely with sourcing managers, legal, and other internal partners in contract negotiations.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Support Source-to-Pay (STP) team in drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and executing a variety of technology related commercial contracts including consulting and services agreements and related statements of work and order forms, software license and SaaS services agreements, marketing agreements, partnership agreements, RFIs, amendments, non-disclosure agreements, and other commercial agreements, all with support of counsel as needed.
- Interpret, draft, and negotiate contractual language for the agreements listed above, incorporating legal and business concepts.
- Review contracts for acceptable terms and negotiate changes as appropriate.
- Ensure contracts documents compliance with corporate, legal policies and guidelines.
- Act as a liaison between STP team, legal, and other departments to streamline contracting process to decrease length of contract negotiation to ensure that the business achieves its objectives.
- Analyze contracts including interpretation of key contract clauses and advise internal partners of commercial risks and advise them on mitigation.
- Increase operational efficiency by updating contract request guidelines and workflow as needed, while ensuring commercial & legal risks are minimized and business objectives are maintained.
- Assist with contract administration activities, including but not limited to upload contracts into contract management system and update, maintain and ensure the accuracy of contract management system.
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop standard forms and templates as needed.
- Manage and monitor contract lifecycle from beginning to end.
- Conduct meetings with internal partners to understand business priorities, provide updates on agreement status, and respond to complex questions on specific agreements and contractual terms.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Source-to-Pay team, Privacy/Security, Product/Engineering, Finance/Tax, Legal/Compliance, IT/PeopleOps) and other colleagues to solve problems, build partnerships, and close deals quickly.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of experience negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts including vendor services, consulting, master services agreements, licensing, technology, marketing agreements, partnership agreements, RFIs, statement of work, amendments and non-disclosure agreements.
- Must able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume dynamic and intellectually challenging environment.
- Can drive alignment around goals and objectives, facilitate dialogue even amidst uncertainty or tension, and move contracts forward.
- Ability to establish relationships with and collaborate on projects with internal and external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing training materials, procedures, or project-managing related organizational projects.
- The ability to meet deliverables on time and work in an evolving and growing environment that is prone to changes.
- Experience with contract management and legal department management tool is a plus, but not required.
- Experience working with and collaborating with cross-functional teams such Sourcing, Legal, Finance, Tax, Security, and Privacy, on contract negotiations.
- Superior interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal stakeholders.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and preconceived notions of what is possible.
- Experience owning projects from concept to finish.
- Excellent judgement, analytical rigor, clear communication, and business pragmatism.
- Comfort and experience with technology solutions that help you scale your practice.
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility.
- Sound and practical business judgement.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
- High EQ, wise, authentic, with a sense of humor.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $96,475 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.